How to remove the widget on Android: how to remove from the screen, how to add
Interacting with android devices, we customize them to fit your needs. In the process of use, application icons and widgets appear on the main screen. This article is a small tutorial on interface elements. You will learn what are the widget applications, how to add them, as well as how to remove the widget on Android.
- Interface Management
- Adding and configuring a widget
- Remove Widget
Refer to Wikipedia to determine the meaning.
A widget (also called: interface element, control, control) is a primitive of a graphical user interface that has a standard appearance and performs standard actions.
Widgets can be divided into four groups:
- System - interface elements designed to monitor and control the operating system as a whole and the state of its elements in particular. For example: indication of battery charge, time, GSM network status and so on.
- Extensions are additional controls and controls installed by the user. Usually end up on your device after installing applications. For example: graphic information about the weather, data about the security of the system from the antivirus, the amount of money on the virtual WebMoney wallets after installing a similar application.
- Shells - the visual component, are used as an addition to the installed shell. At the same time, in the Android OS you can change everything: from the design of the icons on the desktop, to the interface itself in the settings.
- Multifunctional - controls that contain several types of functional and visual information. For example: auto-rotate screen, Bluetooth indicator.
- Others - interface elements that are designed to decorate the screen of the gadget. Usually do not contain useful information.
Adding and configuring a widget
Available extensions for the user interface can be added as follows:
- Unlock the device and on the main screen, click on the empty area and hold for a few seconds.
- Go to the "Widgets" section.
- Select the desired one from the list and drag it to the desktop. To drag, hold it with your finger, and holding it, drag it to an empty area of the screen. You can also add by double clicking on the icon.
- You can move (or change the size) on the desktop, holding the widget's icon for a second.
Some widgets require initial configuration. After adding to the desktop, the corresponding interface will open, such as with a double clock.
To remove the widget on the android from the desktop, hold down the icon for a few seconds. A "Delete" button will appear at the top or bottom of the interface. Drag the icon there for cleaning.
To remove a widget from a smartphone or tablet, you must delete them in the Application Manager, in Settings.
Some widgets are tied to installed applications, so they are removed together.
System widgets or those associated with system applications cannot be deleted without Root-right .